No Korean barbeque is complete with having “Ssam” sauce nearby to dip the salty-sweet grilled meat in. Ssamjang is especially popular as a topping for bulgogi topped with julienned vegetables and wrapped in lettuce leaves to be eaten by hand. With the proper ingredients on hand, it takes about 2 minutes to make this delicious dip.
Ssamjang – Korean Barbeque Dipping Sauce
- Small container with lid
- ¼ cup Doenjang (Korean fermented soybean paste)
- 2 tbsp Gochujang (Korean chile paste)
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- Mix all ingredients together in a plastic container with cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.