An American BBQ would be at a loss with the addition of this sweet and citrusy green bean salad.
Green Beans with Ginger
This simple salad of dressed green beans is not only a great addition to any BBQ or backyard cookout, but also a great side dish for grilled chicken and fish.Print Pin
- Large saucepan or pot, or microwave
- Medium serving bowl
- 1 lb Green beans, tips and stems removed
- 1 small Red bell pepper, trimmed and cleaned, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup Red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large Lime, juiced
- ¼ cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp Grated orange zest
- Cook green beans in salted boiling water for 5-7 minutes until tender-crisp. Beans may also be cooked in the microwave in a zip-top bag with ¼ cup salted water for 5 minutes. Either way, drain beans in a colander and run under cold water to stop cooking and give them a nice bright green color.
- Make dressing directly in a serving bowl by whisking together everything except the oil, BBQ sauce, and orange zest. Add oil in a thin stream while continuing to whisk. Stir in BBQ sauce and orange zest.
- Add beans and other veggies to the bowl with dressing and mix well to thoroughly combine. Let bean salad marinate on the counter for a few hours before serving.
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 980IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg