This two-ingredient Italian appetizer is the very essence of Italian cuisine. Italian’s famously showcase the finest ingredients by not adding lots of noise around them. Parmigiano Reggiano that’s been aged for at least 3 years is topped with drops of Extravecchio Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena blend to create a memorable explosion of flavors.
Modena’s Parmigiano Reggiano al Balsamico
- 8 oz Parmigiano Reggiano (aged 3 to 4 years)
- 10 drops Extravecchio Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena
- Cut the cheese into bite-size chunks. Place on a plate or cutting board and pour drops of balsamic vinegar on the pieces of Parmigiano Reggiano. Let set a few minutes before serving.
- It is best to use a Parmigiano Reggiano that’s been aged at least 36 months to bring out the deep flavors of the cheese and aceto balsamico.
- It is usually served next to the special cold meats and cheeses of the region.