Chermoula is a Moroccan blend of herbs and spices. It can be found in every North African country, each with its own local version. Chermoula is used both as a marinade and condiment to bring freshness and flavor to salads, stews, tagines, and grilled foods.
Chermoula- Moroccan Herbal Marinade and Dip
Chermoula is North Africa's version of Argentina's chimichurri sauce. Used as either a marinade or a sauce to bring a fresh herbal kick to fish like Chermoula Fish Tagine, chicken, and vegetables. Try it on the side with grilled meats for a real treat.Print Pin
Servings: 1.5 cups
- Food Processor or blender
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves
- ½ cup Parsley leaves
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ⅓ cup Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Sweet paprika
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Harissa paste (Sub: cayenne pepper or omit)
- ⅛ tsp Saffron, crushed (Sub: Turmeric)
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, process cilantro, garlic, and parsley until finely chopped. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add lemon juice, paprika, cumin, saffron, and harissa. Pulse to combine.
- With motor running, drizzle olive oil through feed tube. Process until sauce is well combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up-to 2 days in an airtight container.
Calories: 695kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 53g | Sodium: 1578mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4748IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 5mg