Translated to “white food” in Haitian creole, blan manje is a scrumptious combination of sweet flavors and creamy texture. It’s super easy to make and can be served as a desert at any kind of gathering.
Blan Manje- Creamy Coconut Custard
This delicious dessert is exceptionally easy to make and will become a fan favorite. This version is very straight forward- simply served in a bowl and topped with shredded coconut. In Haiti, you can find it infused with fruit and cooled in a mold, or topped with pistachio nuts or a fruit sauce.Print Pin
- Small bowl
- Medium saucepan
- Serving bowl
- 2 envelopes Gelatin powder
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Evaporated milk
- 1 cup Canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Toasted shredded coconut for garnish
- Put water in a small bowl and mix in gelatin. In a saucepan over medium heat, add condensed milk and evaporated milk. Pour in gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin dissolves. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in the vanilla, nutmeg, and coconut milk. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate until it sets, 2 hours or longer.To serve, top with shredded coconut and enjoy!
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 375mg | Iron: 1mg