This all-purpose dipping sauce goes exceptionally well with dumplings, bao, spring rolls, and scallion pancakes. The combination of black vinegar, soy sauce, and scallion showcases a salty-pungent-fresh taste profile that is distinctly Chinese.
Black Vinegar and Scallion Dipping Sauce
- Food Processor or blender
- Air tight container or jar with lid
- 3 stalk Scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Chinese black vinegar or chinkiang vinegar
- 1½ tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chili oil with crispy flakes
- 1½ tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh ground black pepper
- Make Dipping Sauce – Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until combined but not completely smooth. Pour into a sealed container and store until ready to use. Shake before using.