Called Tyrokafteri (tie-row-kahft-terry), this simple Greek spread makes for a great addition to a meze and is an ideal accompaniment to country bread or pita chips.
Tyrokafteri – Spicy Feta Cheese Spread
- Food Processor or blender
- 16 oz Feta cheese, diced
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt, whole milk or low-fat
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Hot pepper, like Italian or banana pepper
- Put everything into the food processor and process until combined, about 30 seconds. Scoop into a bowl, drizzle a little olive oil over, and serve with bread or pita chips.