This creamy side salad is usually reserved for special occasions in India. The cooling nature of yogurt helps to cool your mouth when eating hot dishes. Sweet banana adds a nice fruity touch that makes this raita special. This dish is so versatile that it could be a desert, lunch, side, or light breakfast..
Kele Ka Raita – Sweet Banana and Yogurt Salad
This luscious salad is a great addition to most any meal. Kids also love it for breakfast and desert. Other fruits like pineapple, peach, or grapes can easily replace the banana. A few mixed fruits can even make it into a great fruit salad.Print Pin
- Small bowl
- 2 tbsp Slivered blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp Seedless raisins
- 1 cup Plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 3-4 tbsp Honey, sugar, or a mix
- ⅛ tsp Ground cardamom
- 1 large Ripe banana, peeled and sliced thin.
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg or cardamom
- Put almonds and raisins in a small bowl and add ½ cup boiling water. Soak for 15 minutes and drain.Into a serving bowl, add yogurt, sour cream, honey, and cardamom. Add almonds and raisins and mix well. Gently fold sliced bananas into the yogurt.Cover and chill thoroughly. Top with a sprinkling of nutmeg or cardamom before serving.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.002g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 0.4mg