This creamy side salad is usually reserved for special occasions in India. The cooling nature of yogurt helps to cool your mouth when eating hot dishes. Sweet banana adds a nice fruity touch that makes this raita special. This dish is so versatile that it could be a desert, lunch, side, or light breakfast..
Kele Ka Raita – Sweet Banana and Yogurt Salad
- Small bowl
- 2 tbsp Slivered blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp Seedless raisins
- 1 cup Plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 3-4 tbsp Honey, sugar, or a mix
- ⅛ tsp Ground cardamom
- 1 large Ripe banana, peeled and sliced thin.
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg or cardamom
- Put almonds and raisins in a small bowl and add ½ cup boiling water. Soak for 15 minutes and drain.Into a serving bowl, add yogurt, sour cream, honey, and cardamom. Add almonds and raisins and mix well. Gently fold sliced bananas into the yogurt.Cover and chill thoroughly. Top with a sprinkling of nutmeg or cardamom before serving.