Any Mexican Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration would be incomplete without some scary Sugar Skulls. Learn how to make and decorate them to scare away ghosts not only during Mexican Dia de Muertos, but American Halloween as well.
Mexican White Chocolate Sugar Skulls
- Small microwave safe bowl
- Sugar Skull molds
- Wax paper
- 12 oz Bag of white chocolate chips
- Assorted colors of mini-tubes of colored icing
- Pour chocolate chips into a small bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. Remove, stir, and repeat process every 15 seconds until the chips have melted to a creamy consistency.
- pour in melted chocolate into the molds. Drop filled trays onto the counter to remove any air bubbles. Let everything cool, then flip the tray onto the wax paper.
- Decorate skulls with tubes of colored mini-tubes of icing. Wrap the skulls in small cellophane bags with ties and keep refrigerated.
- White chocolate may be replaced with any other color of melting chocolate.
- Skulls may be made into different sizes, and can be made flat-bottomed or 3D.