Otherwise known as Portuguese green beans, this complex sounding-yet-simple dish enhances green beans with just a touch of garlic. Try them hot or cold for a nice side or salad..
Feijão Verde com Coentro e Alho – Green Beans with Coriander and Garlic
This recipe is a wonderful side to most anything warm, especially grilled chicken and seafood. It also makes for a nice salad.Print Pin
- Microwave or large pot
- 2 lb Green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Chopped cilantro
- 6 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Put beans in a ziplock bag with ¼ cup water and 1 tsp salt. Partially seal bag and cook in microwave on high for 6 minutes. Quickly drain and dry with paper towels. Add beans to a bowl with the garlic and coriander and let stand 5 minutes. Add 5 tbsp olive oil and mix thoroughly. Cover bowl and put in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- About an hour before serving, move bowl to the counter to bring the beans to room temperature. Right before serving, add the lemon juice, vinegar, and pepper. Serve.
- Use a high-quality, fruity extra-virgin olive oil, if possible.
- Resist the urge to put lemon juice and vinegar into the beans too early. The beans will turn brown
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.4g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 776mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 0.02g | Sugar: 0.05g | Vitamin A: 0.1IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg