Jasmine Rice is a delicate, subtly perfumed long-grained white rice used across Southeast Asia. Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia are the leading exporters in the world and Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Burma are the world’s leading consumers of Jasmine rice. It is moist and soft in texture when cooked, with a slightly sweet flavor.
Southeast Asian Jasmine Rice
- Either rice cooker, Instant Pot, or medium saucepan with lid (one of)
- Rice paddle, rubber spatula, or plastic serving spoon.
- Trivet and stainless steel bowl, both sized to sit in the Instant Pot inner bowl, if using.
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1¼ cup Water
- There's no need to pre-wash rice. Fill rice maker with rice and water, press COOK, and come back when it beeps. Leave closed for 10 minutes then open and fluff with a rice paddle or rubber spatula. Rice can stay warm in the rice cooker for up-to 18 hours.
- Don't rinse. Place rice and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to low. Place tight fitting lid on and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes with the lid untouched. Remove lid and fluff rice with a rice paddle or rubber spatula. Serve immediately.
- Place trivet and 1 cup water into the inner bowl of the Instant Pot. Add recommend rice and water to a stainless steel bowl. Sit bowl on top of the trivet. Close lid and set Venting Knob to SEALING position.PRESSURE COOK at HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes + 10 minutes of NATURAL RELEASE. For 2 cups rice, increase HIGH PRESSURE to 15 minutes. Remove cover and fluff up rice with a rice paddle, rubber spatula, fork. Rice can be kept warm for several hours with the lid on and KEEP WARM function on.