Lumpia spring rolls are extremely popular in the Philippines. This sweet dipping sauce is a great accompaniment to the spring rolls or other fried foods you’d like to have a cool, sweet dipping sauce for. It’s easy to make and lasts for months in the fridge,
Filipino Lumpia Shanghai Dipping Sauce
There's nothing better than dipping a crispy anything into this homemade dipping sauce. Taking only 5 minutes to make, this flavorful sauce is easy to put together and goes with lots of different appetizers.Print Pin
Servings: 3 cups
- Medium saucepan
- Small bowl
- 4 tsp Water
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 cup water
- ½ cup Vinegar (distilled, white wine, coconut, or rice vinegar)
- 1¼ cup Light brown sugar (Sub: white or dark brown sugar)
- 4 tbsp Tomato ketchup (for color)
- 4 cloves Garlic, grated or minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (Sub: oyster sauce)
- 4 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- Make thickener by combining cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Wisk sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. After sugar has dissolved, adjust salt/vinegar/sugar/pepper flakes how you'd like. Stir in cornstarch slurry. Continue to cook until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Pour into a jar and refrigerate or pace in a dipping bowl and serve with Lumpia or any other kind of spring roll.
- Sauce will last 2 months in the refrigerator a airtight container.
Calories: 15kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.1g | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg