More than 85% of Indonesia is Muslim. As part of their religion, Muslims don’t eat pork. Some non-Muslim Indonesians do eat pork, however. You can find pork everywhere, especially in areas where Muslims are a minority, like in Bali. If you do eat pork, this ribs are an absolute dream.
Iga Babi Bali- Balinese Sticky Glazed Pork Ribs
With this simple recipe you can bring the aromas of a Balinese kitchen into your own. Juicy, tender pork ribs are glazed in a slightly spicy and very sweet and sticky sauce. First baked in foil and then finished under the broiler, these ribs will make guests rave about how incredible they are.Print Pin
- Roasting pan
- small saucepan
- Food Processor or blender
- 2 racks Baby back pork ribs
- 5 oz Long red chilies, trimmed and chopped (remove seeds is less heat desired).
- 12 clove Garlic, chopped
- 5 inch Ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 4 small Shallots, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Kecap Manis
- ½ cup Rice vinegar
- ½ cup Palm sugar (Sub: brown sugar)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup water
- Process all the marinade ingredients until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lay 4 pieces of foil over the roasting pan, two sheets overlapping in 1 direction and two sheets overlapping in the other direction.Lay the ribs flat over the tin foil in a single layer. Pour ½ of the marinade over the top of the ribs and massage into the meat. Wrap the ribs tightly in the foil and roast in the upper-part of the oven for 2 hours.
- Bring saucepan with remaining marinade to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until marinade thickens to a thick sauce, about 5 – 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the ribs have finished cooking, remove from oven and turn on the broiler. Open the foil a brush ribs with a coat of sauce. Broil coasted ribs until they darken and caramelize, 5 to 10 minutes. Slice into individual ribs and place on a large platter with a small serving bowl of the sauce in the middle for dipping.
Calories: 569kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 932mg | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 267IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2mg