Prik Nam Pla and Prik Dong are likely to be on every Thai household’s table along with small bowls of plain white sugar and ground chili powder. A spoonful of each are added to foods to suit each diner’s individual tastes.
Prik Nam Pla and Prik Dong (Thai Table Condiments)
- Jars with lids
Nam Pla Prik
- 3 small Shallots, sliced thin
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 25 whole Fresh Thai chili, stemmed and sliced thin
- ¾ cup Asian fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ cup Lime juice
- ⅔ cup Thai chili peppers (fresh or dried)
- 1⅓ cup Seasoned rice wine Vinegar
- Both: Place all ingredients each in separate pint jars, tighten lids. Refrigerate for the flavors to develop. Sauces may also be used right away.