Recipes like this are reflective of Chef Michel Guerard’s take on the 1960’s Nouvelle Cuisine movement Championed by Gault-Millau and created by inventive chef “all stars” like Paul Bocuse and the Troisgros brothers. Named “Spa Cuisine”, Guerard moved even further from traditional Haute Cuisine by creating dishes that were both a creative use of local ingredients as well light and healthy. This recipe is representative of that philosophy.
Puree de Celei-Rave aux Pommes- Pureed Celery Root with Apples
- Food Processor or blender
- large saucepan
- 1 lb Celery root
- 1 qt Milk
- ¾ lb Red Delicious Apples
- 2-3 tbsp Heavy cream
- Peel the celery root and cut into chunks. In a large saucepan, simmer celery root in milk for 10 minutes.
- Peel, core, and quarter the apples Add to the simmered celery root and simmer for another 10 minutes. Drain.
- Puree the celery root and apples in a food processor until smooth. Add a little heavy cream or sour cream if necessary to loosen mixture. Season.
- This dish can be made in advance and reheated on the stove or in a microwave.