This apricot pudding is a popular dessert from the city of Hyderabad and a gift from the royal kitchens. Dried apricots are soaked overnight and then stewed in honey or sweet water until soft. Served warm topped with almonds and cream, this fabulous dessert will quickly become a fan favorite.
Khubani ka Meetha- Royal Apricot Pudding
- Medium saucepan
- Potato masher.
- 1 LB Seedless dried apricots
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Ice cream and almond slivers for garnishing
- Put dried apricots and water in a medium saucepan. Soak overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Place saucepan with apricots and water and cook over low heat, about 25 minutes. As the apricots soften, mush them up with a potato masher.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Keep cooking a few minutes more to thicken the sauce. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Transfer to individual bowls or a serving bowl, top with vanilla ice cream and almonds.