Pudina Chutney – Mint chutney is a dip best served fresh. Chutneys, relishes, and pickled vegetables adorn every Indian meal, from kababs to samosas to curries to rice. Fresh cilantro and mint chutney is a perfect side for grilled meats and alongside sweet tamarind chutney at a chaat (small plates table).
Cilantro Mint Chutney
- Food Processor or blender
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 6 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro
- 2 small Jalapeno or serrano peppers, stemmed
- ½ inch Fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Sugar or honey
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Roasted peanuts (optional to thicken or just because)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Adjust for salt and stir in lemon juice.
- Unused fresh chutney can be refrigerated or a week-or-two in a sealed container.