Florence was the center of the renaissance in the early 1500s. The whole region of Tuscany is known for its world-class Chianti’s and fresh vegetables. Sweet peas and slivers of prosciutto ham sautéed in extra-virgin olive oil is a specialty of the area and has been served at restaurants in Firenze (Florence) forever.
Piselli alla Fiorentina – Saute Sweet Peas with Prosciutto
- 8" saute pan with cover
- 12 oz Baby peas. frozen (don't defrost)
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Prosciutto, diced small (or pancetta or mortadella)
- 2 tbsp Parsely, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over high heat. Add garlic cloves and cook until they turn golden brown. Remove garlic to paper towels.Add diced meat and cook for 30 seconds. Add frozen peas, parsley, salt and ground pepper, and lower heat to medium. Cover and cook until done, about 5 minutes. Taste, adjust for salt, and serve hot.