Pork is a super popular food in the Philippines. From whole pigs (lechon) roasted through the night, to vinegar and soy-laced adobo, to small crispy pieces of chicharrons (fried pork skin), pork is used in many creative and delicious ways throughout the country. The one dish that is sure to be served during Undas festivities (All-Saints and All-Souls days) is this BBQ pork recipe.
Inihaw Na Baboy- Filipino Pork BBQ Skewers
These sweet and tangy grilled BBQ pork skewers are incredibly flavorful and can be made in a skillet or oven if you can't get access to a grill.Print Pin
- 1 Resealable plastic bag
- Large skillet or stovetop griddle (optional)
- Baking or roasting pan (optional)
- Bamboo/metal skewers, soaked 30 minutes
- 2½ lbs Pork shoulder
- 1¼ cup Filipino BBQ marinade BBQ Marinade RECIPE
- 1¼ cup Filipino BBQ glaze
- Make both marinade and glaze from BBQ Sauce and Marinade recipe.
- Cut Pork – With a sharp knife, cut meat into ¼-inch slices, around 1-inch wide by 2-inches long. Place meat in a resealable bag and cover with 1¼ cups BBQ marinade. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- Thread 1-2 pork pieces onto soaked wood or metal skewers, piercing it twice to secure. Brush both sides with oil.
Grill Pork BBQ
- Preheat grill to high and brush grates with oil to prevent sticking. Place skewers on grill about 1-2-inches apart. Cook 2 minutes per side . Baste top side with BBQ glaze from BBQ Sauce and Marinade recipe, flip, and baste the other side. Cook another 1-2 minutes until the meat caramelizes. Turn frequently to prevent burning. Do the exact same routine if making in a skillet.
Bake Pork BBQ
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Move oven rack to top position. Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil. Arrange skewers about 1-inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes, turning once.Baste with glaze from BBQ Sauce and Marinade recipe, and cook until the meat has caramelized on both sides, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve – Remove from head and let rest for 2-3 minutes. Serve with white rice and Vinegar Dipping Sauce.
Calories: 508kcal | Protein: 44g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 627mg | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg