Similar to Thai iced tea, the Vietnamese replace the red tea with French roast coffee to create an equally flavorful drink. Sip and enjoy!
Vietnamese Iced Coffee- Ca Phe Sua Da
The contrast between the bitterness of French roast coffee and the soothing sweet creaminess of condensed milk makes this classic perfect for a mid-afternoon pick-me up.Print Pin
- Heatproof container (4 cups or more)
- Paper coffee filter
- Medium saucepan or tea pot
- 1 cup Ground dark roast coffee (i.e. French roast, Italian espresso)
- 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Sweetened condensed milk
- Boil water. Place coffee grounds in a heatproof container. Slowly pour water over the coffee grounds in a circular motion until saturated. Without stirring, let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Place coffee filter in a coffee cone or strainer over a clean carafe. A drip coffee maker is ideal for this stage. Slowly pour steeped coffee through the filter. Discard the filter and grounds. Stir condensed milk into the coffee until blended.
- Fill tall glasses with ice cubes. Pour coffee mixture over cubes and serve immediately.
- Brewed coffee with condensed milk can be made in advance and refrigerated up to 3 days. Pour over ice cubes to serve.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 142mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 0.1mg