This powerful sauce is exceptional, especially when made with the best extra-virgin olive oil and freshest garlic possible. An old fashioned mortar and pestle creates a more textured sauce while a mini processor works great but produces a slightly smoother, less earthy sauce. This sauce compliments paella mixta beautifully.
Spicy Garlic Sauce
- mini food processor or mortar and pestle
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp Hot red or green pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 8 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- ¼ cup Flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Mash a paste of sweet and hot peppers, cumin, salt, garlic, thyme, oregano, and 4 tbsp parsley. Stir in remaining parsley and olive oil. Transfer to a lidded jar. Store in refrigerator and shake before pouring in a small bowl and serving.